Saturday, January 29, 2011

Photography





If you know me, you know my number one true passion is photography.


I know a lot of people are in to photography and love taking pictures. At one point, it even seemed to be the latest fad to take pictures and posting their photography everywhere.

But I've been in to it for as long as I can remember. I remember my very first, own camera was a pink, Polaroid Barbie camera. I'd take pictures of those I loved the most and put it in my very own, first album...it was Veggie Tales.

Since then, I'd gotten a simple little Kodak digital camera. Then for my 15th birthday, my parents got me a Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel. It was my first "professional"-like, heavy duty camera. I loved it like it was my own baby. I brought it everywhere I went and everyone knew me as the photographer.

Then, for my 17th birthday...I received a Nikon. Nikon D40x. I still use it to this day. I hope to only keep upgrading-it's just a matter of money.



I've never taken classes for photography, but I definitely plan on it. My dad and his friend are very into photography and have taught me a lot. I also have a few other friends who are very into it and post their photos on FaceBook. Sometimes I feel the need to get competitive and try to take even better photos...but that's just what drives me. They inspire me to be even better.

Throughout the past few years, I've taken photos for whoever has asked. Friends, family, people from school, including teachers, family friends, etc.



I often get asked what my favorite thing to photograph is. I don't really have an answer. I love photographing nature...whether it be flowers or the sky. But I also love taking pictures of families and kids. Couples are cute and still new for me to take photos for because there's so many things you can do with couples.
Single portraits are always fun because you can always get really into it and there's always so many places to take photos.
I do, also, like to take photos of myself...because I'm always with me and I am always taking photos. :)



I've used many different websites for my photography:
DeviantArt
MySpace
Flickr
FaceBook

My most recent, most updated, and most "professional" website can be found here:
www.wix.com/jeezkay/Photos-by-Kay

I'm always interested in receiving criticism. But, please, if you're going to offer it...don't just tell me if a photo looks bad or good. Tell me what you like about it, or what you'd wish I would have done. :)



What are you passionate about?






No comments:

Post a Comment